Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 166: Snakes


Snakes: interesting or creepy?  Why?



Exactly!!!  Why does it have to be snakes?  Best line, ever.  Can anyone guess it?

No, I don’t like snakes.  I do have a funny snake story.

I think I was in fifth grade when the entire fifth grade went to Mrs. White’s house out in the woods.  I don’t remember her house or even what we did that day as a class activity.  I do remember laying on the bank in the sunlight by the creek.  This was my ugly duckling phase of life when I didn’t have many friends.  Some of the girls were going on about girly things; clothes, makeup, boys.  I remember not at all being interested.  The boys were down by the creek playing in the water. One of them found a garter snake.  They came flying up the bank with the snake.  Girls screamed, jumped up, and ran in all directions.  I froze.  Scared to death, froze.  When I finally realized I couldn’t jump up fast enough to avoid said snake, I sat there nonchalantly.  I had that bored, I am not afraid of snakes look on my face.  I am not sure if they bought the look.  For all I know, fear was written all over my face.  I have never been able to hide my feelings.

What they did buy was my best secret friend stepped in.  “Awe, she isn’t afraid of snakes, lets go.”  Why was he my best secret friend?  Well, we only played together at our houses or on the adventures our dads took us on.  Man, if we had played together at school, we would have been teased and sung the kissing song.  I always wondered if he knew he saved me.  I don’t know if I ever thanked him.  Well, Dale, if you ever read this, thanks.  Of course, you might regret it today.  I am sure I would have looked hilarious screaming over a stupid snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...