Friday, March 29, 2019

Day 164: Garages


Garages, what are they for?  Are they storage units?  Well, sure.  You store your vehicle in them, not a bunch of crap that you never use.  All those items you couldn’t do without that take up the room where a vehicle could rest its weary wheels, like a 68 Mustang or a 1952 Mercedes.  Of course, I would love to put my 2001 Nissan Frontier or 2012 Ford Focus in my garage.  Can I?  No.  Why?  I have too much crap in the blasted structure.

For the last couple of years, I have asked for help at getting rid of stuff in the garage.  I have kids toys, tons of kitchen stuff, sporting equipment, a ton of my unfinished projects, stuff for smoking meat, an armoire, a pool table, and I don’t even know what else.  I am tired of it all.  Oh, and don’t get me started on the old crappy furniture out there.  My word!!!

I have heard rumor that my husband may not be doing any extra military duty this summer.  At first I was so excited.  I have a honey do list a mile long that would keep him busy every weekend.  What has he gone and done?  He has scheduled barbecue competitions every weekend he is not at drill.  Are you kidding me?

But wait, if he is gone, I won’t have to argue the reason for tossing things.  I know a couple of young men who might be willing to help me make some Good Samaritan and dump runs.  I might even be tempted to have a weekend garage sale.  I am getting a little hopeful that my stupid garage will quit being a crap storage unit and go back to being a vehicle storage unit.  In the meantime, does anyone want a Thule storage thing for the top of their car?  Or how about a really nice pool table?  I will give you a good price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...