Saturday, March 30, 2019

Day 165: The Beach



Rockaway Beach, Oregon

Write about the beach: your favorite memory of a trip, what you love, what you hate (e.g., sand gets everywhere).  Would you live on the coast if you could, or is it better to just visit?



Oh, the beach!  I dream of the beach.  I love the beach.  I love the cold beaches of Oregon and Washington.  Oh, and I will never forget the beaches at Dover and Whitby, England.  I have enjoyed some beaches around San Diego, Catalina Island, and San Francisco.  Mexican beaches, Caribbean beaches, Hawaiian beaches, I have loved them all.  I dream of seeing more beaches.  The ocean sings a song in my heart that gets louder the longer I have been away, calling me back.

A favorite memory of a trip to the beach, hum, this is hard.  I have kayaked, swam, and snorkeled.  I think I will go with my first trip to Hawaii.  We were doing the touristy thing and went to Hanauma Bay to snorkel.  I came face to face with a sea turtle.  He was an amazing creature.  I loved him.  Afterwards, I continued to snorkel with such pure joy at all the wonders.  I have been so blessed to have this experiences and others.  As for hating anything about the beach, not one thing.  I don’t mind sand getting everywhere.

Due to my arthritis, I couldn’t live on the coast in the colder climates.  I think I would hurt all the time.  However, I would love to live on the coast in the hot climates.  I doubt I ever will, but I plan to visit the beach about every other year if I have anything to say about the matter.  I would prefer yearly.  We will see if I can make that happen once I am a retired mom of a teenager.  Have I mentioned I love the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...