Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Day 162: Be the Change


The other day, my mom and I chatted on the phone.  I had received a weird message from her.  She had been hacked.  I told her she needed to change her password.  Near the end of the conversation, she asked why people had to be so terrible.  Couldn’t they work at being better people?  I asked her why she didn’t work at being better.  That did get a rise out of her.

I continued with my point.  Did she pick up the garbage she saw in the parking lot?  Did she offer to drive someone in need to town?  What little things does she do to change the world?  So many people get upset about the world today; yet, like an armchair quarter back, they just yell out how others can do better.  They aren’t playing the game.

I am just as bad as the next person.  One of my many pet peeves is when people don’t return their carts at the store.  Now, I return mine faithfully, but I don’t take other peoples’ carts to the corral.  Maybe the person didn’t return their cart because they were too busy with their infant.  Or maybe they are handicapped and hurt too much.  I also don’t stop to pick up garbage.  I do try to smile when I pass people.  I try to be extra nice to the workers I interact with at the different stores I shop at during the week.  However, if I thought outside the box, I am sure I could effect even more change.  Instead of complaining, I need to be the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...