Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Day 142: Fat Tuesday


I am not sure why, but I enjoy celebrating Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday.  I think it began the year my friend Barb and I made King's cakes for our youth group kids.  It was the week before Fat Tuesday, but it was fun and different.  I thought about making them this year, but I am making an extra run into town during the day for Madelle, killing my timeline to bake.  Also, with the weather, my RA keeps life a little precarious. 

When I picked up Madelle, she had a marvelous idea.  She wanted to have a Fat Tuesday, Mario Cart night with pizza and brownies.  Perfect!!!  Neither of us had to decide on a game or prepare a scenario for our D&D night.  I didn't need to cook.  Dominos delivered pizza and lava cakes.  Sweet!!!  And even better, Bruin bars were donated for the celebration by Barb.  Not much is better then a Bruin bar.

We started out the night eating dinner and playing Mario Smash Brothers.  I have never played this before.  I died every single round!!!  However, I did enjoy myself.  Next, we played Mario Cart.  I didn't do much better, as in the three of them beat me quite handily.  The good part is I didn't come in last to all the computer generated players.  Yes, I am getting better at this game.

The evening was perfect!  Okay, I ached and hurt like crazy, so I let Madelle have my controller when hers died.  I went and took my Humira shot which helped almost instantly.  I hung out and watched them play while throwing the stuffed hedgehog for Leo.  Afterwards, we all chatted for a bit.  I sent the lava cake and pizza with Elaina and James.  I put the Bruin bars in the freezer for after Easter.  I wasn't going to share those delicious treats:-)

Today is the first day of Lent, my favorite religious season of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...