Friday, March 15, 2019

Day 151: Stress Release


Periodically we have tension build up in our lives that requires a release of some kind.  Some people cry; others punch; some find a creative outlet. What is your release?




The first time reading this prompt felt like I was slapped in the face.  My eyes opened. Before my health declined, I released my tension by physical means.  I remember my eighth and ninth grade years when I played basketball, I loved running crushers.  By the time coach made us do that, I was usually spitting angry at the complaining of all the girls at what he was doing.  Over the years, I learned to run. Okay, as I have noted before, I didn’t run well, but I ran. During the deployment while dealing with difficult females, I ran like crazy.  I have missed running because it was a great way to relieve tension.

So, what do I do now that I don’t run?  I have to say, not much. I think this is bad.  Sure, I write about the tension. I talk about the tension.  Thanks, Barb, Toni, Jerry, Melissa, Clay, and Paulette for listening while I talk out my tension and anyone else who I find to listen to me.  I feel bad for all these people who have to put up with me. I almost forgot. When I am livid with tension, I clean house until my joints ache. I have also been known to garden.

Since I have been unable to run, I have struggled with headaches and other ways my tension manifests in my body.  It isn’t healthy. I might have to continue to think about this. I work hard at not being tense. My doctor and the medical community and writings tell me not to be stressed.  Sure, I try, but life is stressful. I can’t get away from all stress. I need a healthier, physical release because it does get bottled up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...