Thursday, March 7, 2019

Day 143: Sweet Spots


Yesterday, I watched a video by Matthew Kelly through his Dynamic Catholic webpage.  He is doing a series of video during the Lenten Season.  I am not sure what it is all about, but he is one of my favorite Catholic writers, so I am joining in on the project.  He talked about the Sweet Spot.  He believes we are meant to be filled with happiness/joy.  We can do this through our Sweet Spot.

What is a Sweet Spot (SS)?  He talked about how the SS is being involved and engaged in ways that will have the most influence and impact on the world around us.  Everything else is a distraction.  Whether or not faith is a part of a person's life, I believe the SS is relevant for all people.  Sure, as I meditated on my SS all day, I thought of my walk in faith as well, but faith isn't a necessary factor.  I also saw another person's SS. 

In the afternoon, I met with my daughter's mentor at a local restaurant.  Her social anxiety was wrecking havoc on her, and she was having a panic attack before her shift.  We needed a new game plan for her school requirement.  The current plan was not working.  Dennis was amazing.  He came to the meeting with ideas and plans.  He talked about other employees he works with that have similar difficulties.  The acceptance and love he gave my daughter put tears in my eyes.  I saw Dennis' SS.  Amazing!!!

This morning, I continued to think about my SS.  At this point in time, my SS is advocating for my daughter and helping her find her way into establishing a life with a disability.  We don't know where this will lead, but I am there for her every step of the way.  Right now it means running into town three to four times a day and setting up and going to meetings.  I am glad I love to drive!

Matthew didn't talk about multiple SSs, but I believe we can have more then one.  I think most of my life is a SS.  I find joy in my ministries in our community, being a family member, a friend, and a writer.  Soon, I will be finding my SS in the gardens.  Yay!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...