Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Day 148: Recurring Dream


Do you have any dreams that recur?  Why do you think you continue to have that dream?



I love dreams.  I have had a number of dreams that have been very entertaining.  A couple I have had contain deep meaning.  I believe I have had three different recurring dreams in my life.  I am not sure what two of them meant, so I will only talk about the one.  I don’t know when the dream started. I believe it probably came to me the first time in about 1988 or 1989.  I had the dream a lot.

Walking through a college building on my way to class, I came to a staircase.  On the next level, I walked to my class only to find out that wasn’t my class.  I would check the time and know I only had a couple of minutes to get to my class on time.  Off I ran up the next flight of stairs to discover again, the room wasn’t my class.  More staircases, more wrong rooms until finally, I woke up, never making it to class. I had this dream a lot.

I hated the dream.  I hate being late. I hated not going to school fulltime.  Due to finances, I spent eight years going to school off and on when I had money.  During those eight years, I joined the military, married, and had two babies.  I wasn’t idle, but I wasn’t obtaining my degree quickly either.  I wasn't making it to class.

Finally, on my birthday, in 1995, I graduated from college.  My second child had been born 12 days prior.  Within the first couple of months with degree in hand, I had the dream for the last time.  I made it to the very top floor, a lot of flights of stairs, mind you.  I entered the correct room with time to spare.  I have never had the dream again.  I love dreams!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...