Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Day 141: Day Trip


Where would you like to go on a day trip?  You must drive there and back in one day, but you have unlimited funds for gas, food, and activities.



I always have a list of day trips I would like to take in Montana.  I take a few every year in that I at least run to Bozeman for the day to see my son.  In fact, I am planning to make a Bozeman run as soon as the roads clear to meet up with my sister.  We may sneak an overnight trip.  Or I might. It is hard to say.

With that said, there are quite a few day trips I have been meaning to take the last couple of years.  The first trip is to Garnet, Montana.  This is a ghost town in the Garnet Mountains west of Helena.  I want to wander around, read any of the historical plaques, take a ton of pictures, and maybe find a story that needs to be written.  Other places I would like to go see in a day is the Marcus Daily Mansion in Hamilton, Bannack Ghost Town, and Fairy Lake (near Bozeman).  Of course, once I go to all of these places, I will just look at my Montana Bucket List and find more places to explore in my beautiful state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...