Friday, March 22, 2019

Day 157: My Greatest Blessing


What is one of your greatest blessings?



Hands down, my favorite blessing that God has given me is my faith.  I have trusted in God most of my life.  I trusted in him to listen to my parents even though a minister told me not to follow their direction.  I wanted to go to a Bible college in Puget Sound.  My dad said he would not pay for that and didn’t agree with me going.  He wanted me to get a degree that would earn enough money that I wouldn’t have to rely on anyone.  His arguments were sound.  I ignored the minister.

Because of my faith in the parents God gave me to know what was best for me, I went to Eastern Montana College.  Here God introduced me to my second best blessing, my husband.  God found a man with a strong, grounded faith.  Because of our mutual faith, we have given God the wheel in all aspects of our life, especially our marriage.  This faith has worked through post partum depression, a deployment, PTSD, my autoimmune diseases, and mental illness.  My husband is the right person to put up with my Norwegian, Redneck attitude.  He is fun.  He is a great father.  He supports my dreams.  We love to travel together.  I believe our faith is working.  We are thirty years strong.

With my faith and my husband, all my other blessing just seem to fall into place.  I have wonderful family members.  I have a host of great friends.  Really, what more do I need?  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...