Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Day 195: Certifiably Crazy


Certifiably Crazy, yes, that is me.  On Sunday, I signed up for the Great Novel Challenge.  Some of you may remember I did a novel challenge a year and a half ago, writing for three months at about 40,000 per month.  This challenge is longer in time but shorter in monthly word count.  I am so excited and scared that I could jump out of my skin.

Here are the rules.  I have to write a 40,000+ word novel every two months for a year.  I have to send said novel to Dean who will read and comment on the novel.  If I do this for the entire year, I will have six novels and have won the challenge.  My prize will be three writing classes. 

There is a second part.  If I publish each novel the month after it is written and get a paperback copy to Dean, I will win a lifetime gift of three different types.  I am going to work for fee workshops in Las Vegas for a lifetime.  I have no idea if I can complete the challenge, but I am going to give it a try.

Now, I wondered how I could do this challenge.  The novels I write are epic, 120,000 to 160,000 words.  I can't do that in two months.  What I decided to do is break the novel into three parts and write three books per epic novel.  I will publish all three separately and at the end of the year, I will package the first three into one.  I will do the same with the second three.  I am really excited about the concept.

Today, I begin the novel.  The title at this point is "Denying Heritage."  My main character...Kirzantra Deathsong.  She will be amazing!!!  Of course, while I am doing this, I also have to continue to work on "Pursuing Peace."  I am finally stepping up to working a lot of hours.  You know, like a fulltime job.  Let's hope my health and my family can handle this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...