Thursday, May 23, 2019

Day 216: A Day of Writing


Oh, yesterday was a very good writing day!!!  I wrote for 4.98 hours!!!  I edited three scenes.  Marvelous.  I wrote over 2,000 words.  I did delete over 100 because it was so forced.  I might delete a little more when I run through it.  We will see.  Starting scene 11 was excruciating.  I had an idea to explore in my head.  The new character, Ilara, was supposed to be a character I didn't like.  I wanted to make a "political" statement with her.  Stupid idea.  She wasn't cooperating.  But, I just kept writing one sentence after another.  Before I knew it, I realized I might have written it wrong. 

Ilara was supposed to be in the scene, but she wasn’t.  At the same time, both Kirzantra (the main character) and I realized Ilara must be very sick to miss the opportunity to make Kirzantra miserable.  From there forward, the scene flew.  I discovered so many things about Ilara.  Different things I wanted to explore in the series started falling into place.  I had expected not to like Ilara, but now I am amazed.  Unfortunately, she won’t be in the story much longer.  However, I just realized that maybe Kirzantra will run into her daughter in book 2.  Oh, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...