Thursday, May 2, 2019

Day 196: Furniture


Describe your memories of a piece of furniture from your childhood home.



The outside swing my dad made for my mom was my favorite furniture.  I can’t remember how old I was when he made it.  I would guess it was when I was in junior high when we lived in Eureka.  It sat under the Chinese elm.  When we moved to our new place in Libby, Dad planted another elm for the swing.  Many hours have been spent on the swing with neighbors and family.  The elm is gone now.  In fact, I believe a second swing was built a few years back to replace the old one.

When Jerry and I bought our first house in Hardin, Dad made me a swing.  It sat on the back patio.  Unfortunately, moving out in the valley in Helena, the wind destroyed the swing, so he turned the seat into a bench.  Now, this is a heavy duty bench.  The wind still tips it over all the time.  After this winter, I saw that the wood is molded and crumbling.  I have failed at taking care of it in the elements.  I will miss the swing/bench.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...