Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Day 221: Postponed


Write about a time you had to let go of something you loved or wanted.



For twenty-five years, I dreamed of going to Italy with my husband for our twenty-fifth anniversary.  As the date neared, Jerry and I talked about it.  He looked up different packages we could go on for the trip.  He found a great one that would take in Rome and Assisi.  He waited for me to give him the financial go ahead.  I couldn’t do it.  I had to let it go.  For some reason, I couldn’t face the two of us being on the other side of the world with someone watching my then eleven year old daughter.  I can handle one of us being on the other side of an ocean, but not both of us.  I opted for Vegas instead.  Watch out though.  In 2022, we will make the trip, the year after the daughter graduates from high school.  Hum, I guess that isn't completely letting go but more postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...