Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Day 214: Overrated


As all of you are aware if you follow my blog, I love to travel.  A couple of years ago, I started following a blogger who wrote about her travels by herself all over the world.  This fascinated me.  I don't like to travel by myself.  I feel a bit vulnerable which does drive me crazy.  I like to pretend I am that strong daring type.  Oh well.  The secret is out.  At any rate, I watch to see what she is up to.  Oh, and this lady makes a living by traveling all over.  Lucky!!!  The other day she asked this question on Facebook.

"What's the most OVERRATED place you've visited? C'mon, be honest!"  A Dangerous Business.

Wow, I was amazed by the answers.  People complained about London, Paris, Disney World, and a ton of other places.  How could they not like these three places?  I have been to all of them, and they were fantastic.  The one guy said there are too many people in London.  Seriously?  Why would you go to a city if too many people is an issue?

Now, granted, cities aren't my favorite places for vacation.  I much prefer to roam the countryside and see the little towns.  However, the London Tower, the London Bridge, Windsor Castle, and Hampton Court were beyond spectacular.  I loved London for all these places.  I still want to go back to see the museums, take in a play, and see the markets, churches, and a ton of other things.  And I feel the same way about Paris.  I can easily go back to both cities.

And Disney World?  Really?  We loved taking the kids there and to the parks in California.  Sure, they are crowded, but they aren't going to shut the place down for just a handful of regular people.  Get serious.  I don't know that I would go to the parks in California as an older adult without grandkids, but I would visit Disney World.  I enjoyed Epcot and would love to see Wild Kingdom.  And don't get me started on Disney Cruise Ships.  Love them!!!

With all of this said, my husband reminded me of one place we all did not like: Euro Disney.  I have never heard good or bad about this theme park outside of Paris.  With the name Disney, we assumed it would be exceptional like the other four Disney Parks we have been to.  Nope.  The cleanliness was lacking.  The staff were not at all cheerful and friendly.  We could tell they are not trained by the same group as those in the States.  So in the end, I guess I have one place that was highly overrated.

Otherwise, my husband and I can find something great about everywhere we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...