Friday, May 24, 2019

Day 217: Introvert or Extrovert


Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?  How does this compare to how others see you?



I am most definitely an introvert.  I love being at home.  Monday is my second best day if I get to stay home while the daughter is at school.  I can recoup from all the socializing and having the family in the house all weekend.  I get very drained by being around people 24/7.  I need my space and quiet time.

I get a lot of comments from people when they hear me say this.  I am involved in my church and the Enlisted Association.  We have game night on Tuesday.  I go to conferences.  I let my husband drag me out and about to different activities with friends.  I also like to go do things that are with people.  Thus, I have friends that think I am an extrovert.  Nope, not an extrovert.  I just know that to stay healthy I can’t lock myself away.  I need people.  I need to get out of the house and engage in life.  At least, that is the world accordingly to Lisa.

This weekend I am heading to Miscon 32.  I go almost every year.  I am the person who walks around on my own unless with a family member.  I go to the workshops and sit off to the side.  Last year, I actually talked with a woman and thought I would have someone to engage with this year.  I haven't seen her name on the list of panelists.  Darn, I have to start from scratch.  Or not.  I might just be my normal quiet self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...