Monday, May 27, 2019

Day 220: Upset


How do you soothe yourself when you are upset?



If I am not hurting, I clean house or do a task on my to do list that I have been putting off for a while.  Cleaning the house always makes me feel better.  It gives me a sense of control that being upset takes away from me.  I also like to garden.  This puts me outside and in the dirt, all things to soothe me.  Painting can also help.  I hate to admit it, but sometimes I also turn to food.  Many times, I would love to turn to alcohol, but I avoid that because it is not a habit I want to get into.  Besides, I am taking too much medicine to add more then an occasional drink every now and then.

I have to say that this topic is perfect for today.  I am so angry at everything.  I didn't get any good sleep last night.  This weekend, I wanted to get a good three thousand words written.  I only ended up with 800 because I kept getting interrupted and my energy tanked.  A professional book cover artist told my husband all the things wrong with my cover.  Her and an author said I needed to spend a good $6,000 on publishing a book instead of doing most of the work myself for about $100.  How am I to cover that amount?  I am frustrated.  I am upset.  So what am I going to do?  Maybe I will go take Leo for a walk in the rain so the cold water will cool me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...