Thursday, May 9, 2019

Day 203: Lack of Sleep


What keeps you from getting a good night’s sleep?



I used to be fortunate enough to sleep well.  Granted, during Madelle’s darkest days of fighting mental illness, I spent a few nights not sleeping.  Also, when family members are worrying me, I have a hard time getting to sleep.  Like last night, I struggled because of one of my kids.  This always passes and doesn't bother me but for a day or two.  I am not that fortunate any more.

In the past year, my sleep habits have crashed.  I am usually in to much pain to sleep through the night.  I start in the bed, but in a couple of hours or one hour more likely, I have to move to a recliner.  My right hip is constantly inflamed.  I swear it almost feels like it is on fire.  I have upped my meds.  No help there.  I finally received a prescription for physical therapy.  My doc and I are going to have a coming to Jesus talk about this, but that is another story!  I hope the therapy helps.  At the moment, the exercises seem to be making it worse, but I hope that is only temporary.  Time will tell.  I really hope this turns around.  The lack of sleep and constant pain are doing a number on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...