Sunday, May 26, 2019

Day 219: Broken


Write about a time you broke something.



Have I told the story about my tricycle?  I was too old for my trike at about the age of five or six.  I wanted a bike, but either my parents couldn’t afford one, or they didn’t think about purchasing me more freedom.  My tricycle was my only mode of transportation.  Unfortunately, the wheel was messed up.  I asked and asked my dad to fix it.  He didn’t.  One day, I got tired of waiting.  I went to the back porch where he kept all his tools.  Looking through all of them, I determined the hammer was the best option.  Outside I went. I pounded and pounded.  When I showed Dad what I did and how I needed help, he probably laughed.  I had fixed the trike alright, to never work again. I will say though that when I got older, Dad fixed things quicker when I asked.  Also, the hammer, I wonder if I was summoning my inner Thor.  He is my favorite superhero....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...