Friday, May 3, 2019

Day 197: A Broadway Musical

A new Broadway musical is about your life.  Come up with a title for the big show, and write a mini-review of it.

A couple of titles come to mind: “Damn the Torpedoes”, “Take Flight”, or “Just Keep Writing.”  I think “Damn the Torpedoes” encompasses most of my life after I left home.  I joined the military with that attitude.  I finished college with that attitude since I had to live in a different town then my husband and son for a year and a half to get to graduation.  Anytime, I begin over thinking a project, I mutter the saying to myself and go forward.  My entire writing career I do this.  I get to a certain point in the novel writing process and I say enough.  Time to publish.
Hum, a review.
The musical is a poignant tale of an ordinary woman that pushed her way through the challenges and obstacles in life.  The mixture of country, pop, jazz, blues, and classical music actually worked in capturing the heroine’s diverse spirit.  Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...