Friday, May 17, 2019

Day 210: Advice From the Past


If you could go back in time exactly 10 years and give yourself some advice, what would you tell yourself?



“When you begin to feel burning in your left hip at night, insist that Dr. Coyle write a prescription for physical therapy.  In fact, make physical therapy your primary focus before all but your family.”  In my defense, I did talk to my doctor about the burning hip at each visit.  Nothing was done.  I could ignore it, so I didn’t pursue the issue.  Now, I am in a ton of pain.  Physical therapy is excruciating.  I really am not seeing any good come from it yet, but I know it will take another two to four more weeks to get to the problem that has been growing for years.  I do feel a little stronger and that is a huge relief.  In the last eight month, I feel I have been losing my ability to do anything physical.  I am determined to change that through the therapy.  I also want to start sleeping through the night pain free.  And I so can't wait to be able to walk the dog for more then a half of a mile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...