Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Day 187: Needed


When was the last time you felt needed?



As a mom, I am needed most days.  I am the one to drive Madelle to and from school.  She also needs me to help her with her emotional disabilities.  Just today, I picked from school, and she was having a meltdown.  When people complain and are negative, it sucks her down into a deep pit of despair.  She is oversensitive.  She knows her reaction is illogical, we just haven't found the key for a better outcome.  Today, school was very negative.  For about 45 minutes, she had to vent.  She needed me to listen. I think this block of instruction will be a high need for my help for her.  I am going to need a vacation.  Though she is better at advocating for herself, I still have to step in for her.  When her dad wanted to step in with this situation, she said no.  We have gone to the school way to much she said.  I agreed.  She needs to try to work this one out herself.

In reality, I don't like to be needed.  Sure, I have no issue with a friend needing a ride and such.  But for someone to rely on me for everything makes me claustrophobic.  I am very fortunate because both the daughter and husband can handle everything else.  I really am not needed.  However, they appreciate the fact that I take care of the housework and laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...