Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Day 175: Locked Up

Chapel in Hampton Court


Where would you be pleased to find yourself locked up overnight?



My first thought was on a cruise ship.  But, I can stay on a cruise ship.  I have stayed on a cruise ship.  My next thought was Windsor Castle.  What a beautiful place to visit!!!  However, I finally came up with the perfect answer: Hampton Court.  I would wander from room to room in hopes of seeing the ghost of Elizabeth I or her father, Henry the VIII.  Of course, the potential number of ghosts is more then I care to list.  These two are a good start.

Hampton Court may be my favorite “home” that I have visited so far in my travels.  I loved the age of the castle, the history, the feeling of stepping back in time.  I loved walking where Elizabeth walked.  In the chapel, I loved praying where Catherine of Aragon prayed for her doomed marriage to Henry VIII.  I still get giddy thinking about being there.  I want to go again someday.  I missed walking in the gardens.  In fact, next time, I think I should book two nights in the vicinity, so I can spend one day in the house and one day in the gardens.  I would loved being locked up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...