Sunday, April 28, 2019

Day 192: Childhood Dreams




As a kid, what job did you dream you would have as an adult?  What job do you have now?



I was a dreamer.  I dreamt of being an oceanographer.  I loved the reruns of Flipper.  I watched things on the television about the ocean.  I daydreamed of going to Sea World.  By the time I went to the ocean for the first time, the year before I graduated from high school, I turned my thinking to accounting and journalism.  My first time to Sea World was about three years after graduation.  I am still fascinated by the ocean and all that lives under the surface.  I love to snorkel.  About every other year, I make my way to see the waves.  This year...Maui.  I can't wait to tell you about my trip.

I dreamt of being a photographer for National Geographic.  My dad let me use his Cannon AE-1 for a sixth grade project that last all year.  I was hooked.  However, I decided this wasn't the job for me due to all the travel.  I wanted to be close to home when I had kids.  Now, I am an amateur photographer.  Once the daughter is graduated, I want to play more with this hobby.  I think a book would be fun to write with my photos on the pages.  I keep thinking a book about Churches of Montana.  More to come of that in a couple of years.

I dreamt of being a writer like Laura Ingalls Wilder.  When I went off to college, practicality forced my hand.  I choose teaching instead of writing.  I did stay in the field by studying English and the great authors of Britain.  Funny enough, I only taught for three years.  Then I made my career with the military on a fulltime basis.  Now that I am retired, I do write.  I am very fortunate to have all three loves of my life play a roll in my life.  No wonder I am always filled with so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...