Monday, April 15, 2019

Day 181: Saying My Piece


Fill in the blanks: "I would like to march right up to ___________and say, '__________.'"



Wow, this prompt feels very aggressive.  I am not one to air my dirty laundry on the internet for the most part.  I am also not very confrontational.  However, I have to say, the couple people that come to mind, if they aren't so self-absorbed to not listen to my words, know what I have said to them.  I really believe there are a basic three types of people.  Those you tell the truth to who are really not worth the drama.  They won't change.  I won't change.  So being confrontational with this is a waste of time.  The self-absorbed people ignore what you say and go on as if everything is peachy.  The rare few listen.  They try to help me by making the situation better.  I could give examples, but I want to turn this prompt into something positive.

Yesterday, I did march up to a person, and I said my piece.  I was at Mass going to the alter for communion.  A friend of mine I hadn't seen in a couple of months was three rows back from where I was standing in line.  I marched up to Laura.  We embraced in a long hug.  I said, "I love you."  At the exact same time, she said the same to me.

Life is short.  Life is full of struggles.  I don't know what my disease will do to me next.  She doesn't know what her disease will do to her.  We are both battling our health.  Even without that battle, life can end so quickly.  I learned that so many years ago when my sister-in-law died in a vehicle accident at the age of 20.  We need to march up to those we love and tell them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...