Saturday, April 20, 2019

Day 185: Commonalities


What do you and your spouse or best friend have in common?



When I was dating, I had a few requirements for a husband.  He had to carry on a conversation that went beyond his car, his band, and karate.  Yep, those were some of the guys I dated before him that couldn’t talk about anything else.  I also wanted him to be a good dad.  I had the best dad in the world, and he had to be second best.  Finally, he had to have a faith life of his own.  My spouse is all of that and so much more.

We both love our kids, including the ones we have collected along the way.  Faith is the staple of our marriage.  We love our parish and both volunteer.  We love to read, study history, and travel everywhere.  We can talk almost all topics.  We are loyal Americans and soldiers.  We love to go to the movies or just walk around downtown.  We are both game to go to a theater production, an art gallery, a museum, or a concert.  Oh, and Monday nights, we love to go watch football and have a drink. He isn’t into gardening like I am, but he will go through a botanical garden, and he enjoys watching my plants grow and bloom.  I am not one to like cooking, but I enjoy his passion to cook and smoke/barbecue and go to competitions.  In the same respect, I don’t mind sending him out the door to hangout with a buddy or volunteer for one of his organizations.  He sends me out the door to attend a writing workshop or go on a weekend getaway by myself to write.  I can’t imagine a better person to travel with on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...