Sunday, April 14, 2019

Day 180: Compliments


How do you react when someone compliments you?



Oh, there are a number of ways I respond to the person.  If I don’t know them or don’t know them well, I thank them and smile.  My reaction gets tricky if I know the person well.  When I am feeling good about myself, I grin and say thank you, or I actually agree with them.  Most of the time, this isn’t the case.  I usually roll my eyes and say something that I mean to be funny but is actually degrading to myself.  I basically don’t believe people when they compliment me.  I do try to work on this, but I fail more often then not.

When people compliment me on something I do, I tend to point out the areas where I see flaws.  Stupid.  Everything has flaws, take the compliment already with grace.  No, I am not good at taking a compliment.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone. We are hard on ourselves when we should be looking at ourselves through God's eyes. Thank you is all that is necessary but we feel compelled to correct people and tell them they are wrong about us! Silly stuff, there. Humility is not putting yourself down, but we somehow seem to want to do that to deflect attention on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, so right you are on all your points. Thank you for reminding me that I need to see me through God's eyes. I miss that all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...