Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Day 182: Distractions


What is a sure-fire way to distract you from the task at hand?



Low energy and pain, which is an everyday occurrence.  Yes, this seems very doom and gloom.  I don’t like to say my disease gets the best of me, but it does.  I have all these high hopes to get so much accomplished in the day.  The morning begins well.  I start crossing off my to do list.  However, after three hours, I find myself resting.  I either read a book or watch a television show.  I don’t want to be distracted.  I don’t want to lose the battle.  What keeps me going is my thankful prayer at the end of every day.  Otherwise, I would probably become depressed.  Prayer is a huge factor in my life to help me get through the disappointments.

Oh, my husband is also a great distracter.  He always finds fun things to do or places to go.  I will think I have all day Saturday to do work.  The next thing I know, we are running around town.  Or even better, we drive to a neighboring town for an activity.  Earlier this year, we went to Belgrade to watch Wolf Point girls play in the championship basketball game.  Before hand, we had dinner with Clay and his roommate.  I love our spontaneous, distracting outings!  Oh, and these distractions help distract me from my issues with low energy and pain.  What a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...