Monday, April 22, 2019

Day 187: Virtual Friends

Have you ever made a friend with, or fallen in love with, someone you met online?

Back in 1986, I worked at United Bank in Libby.  I was the night processer.  I ran all the nightly reports and sorted all the checks.  Once a month, I also put the checks in envelopes to send to the owners.  I loved this job.  During the evening, I always chatted on the computer with a guy from Columbia Falls who did my same job there.  We discussed problems we had during the night.  Over the months, we got to know each other really well.  He was married with a couple of kids.  When the computers went offline, we called one another.  Both of us appreciated the uniqueness in our friendship.  This was in the day when no one talked over computer.  He was my first friend made through the computer.  And I never met him in person nor had a clue what he looked like in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...