Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Day 188: Physically Fit


Have you ever been significantly more or less physically fit than you are today?  What was different about that?  What was easier?  Harder?  Did others treat you any differently?



In my early thirties, I was in the best shape of my life.  I was running a lot.  I even competed in a couple of biathlons.  I wanted to continue, but I would have had to take a lot of time that I spent with my boys and train instead.  I wasn’t willing to sacrifice my kids for the sport, especially since I wasn’t very good at the running.

Being physically active was easer then it had been in the past because I was given three hours a week to work out during my work day.  This was awesome.  Also I was younger.  Now, I can’t run at all.  My body is almost always in pain at the moment because of the rheumatoid arthritis.  I have plenty of time to workout, but it just hurts like hell.

As for being treated any differently?  Well, sure.  Guys treated me differently because I looked great.  Human nature right there.  But they just treated the outside differently, I am still treated the same by my friends and family no matter what shape I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...