Monday, December 31, 2018

Day 77: Accomplishments


What have you been able to accomplish this year that you are really proud of?



Overall Accomplishment

Publishing book 4 of my Living the Tenets series felt great.  I am very proud of this accomplishment.  



Writing

Unfortunately, I was hoping to get book 5 done as well.  At this point, I am at around 90,000 words with about 60,000 to go.  I am struggling with the book due to a little writer’s block and not knowing how to really finish the series.  Once the holidays end, I will hit the ground running with the project.  Well, I hope I do.  The numbers looked both good and bad.  In total, I wrote 351,288.  This is a good solid number.  My fiction though fell short.  I wanted 240,000 and I cam in at 103,000.  This next year, I need to concentrate on the fiction!!!



Education

Some other things I have accomplish come in the area of education.  I took three on-line classes through WMG Publishing: Advanced Depth, Teams, and Sales Writing.  I also made it to Las Vegas to attend the Master Business Class.  That was quite the experience.  I also took a web design class with the hopes of creating a web page for my writing business.  More to come about this in 2019.



Travel

I have traveled around the state quite a bit which I always enjoy.  I took trips to Libby, Columbus, Billings, Great Falls, Bozeman, and Missoula.  I flew to Alaska and West Virginia, two states I have never seen.  As a family, we took a huge trip to Paris and Germany to tour and visit family for Easter.  At the moment, I am only looking at traveling around Montana and a trip to Maui.  Of course, we could do some spontaneous travel.  Who knows what 2019 has in store.



Gardening

I enjoyed what little gardening I attempted.  I didn't come close to hitting any of my goals.  My health and energy didn't help in this area.  My list is long for this next year.  I have a bunch of messes to clean up.  A tree and two bushes to dispose of.  And numerous plants and gardens to plan.  I am already getting excited by the prospect.



Reading

On a whim, I upped my reading, but read about the same number of books.  Each week, my goal was to read five hours which didn't include my bedtime reading.  I enjoyed this challenge immensely.  I had missed escaping to other worlds.  One author I discovered was Edmund Rutherford.  He writes wide sweeping historical fiction.  I absolutely love his work.  I read two books and am in the middle of a third.  Outstanding!  I will continue this challenge into 2019.



Though I didn’t accomplish all the things on my list, I did get quite a few thing done.  This year I have another big list.  Will I accomplish it all?  It is hard to say.  Really, I write the lists with the intention of not getting it all done.  I love the astronomical challenge.  I also like knowing I always have things to do if I get bored.  Of course, I also learned the importance of rest.  I hope to be a little more restful this year.  But, who knows?  We will see what the future holds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...