Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Day 78: 2019 Goals


Oh, the dreams I have for 2019.  As always, I go into the year with a list a mile long to accomplish.  Chances are I won’t finish the list. Yet, each morning, I will open up the list and continue to plug away at all the items to work towards, play with. 





Writing Goals

My biggest area of goal setting is in the writing arena.  I have kept all my numbers the same as 2018. Hopefully, I do much better in the fiction word count.  We will see. I am a bit confident because my health does seem to be better for the most part with the new medicine I am on.  Fingers crossed! I will also continue my blog challenge of posting for 356 days in a row. I am on day 78, so this is going really well. 

The projects I have set are pretty typical.  I must finish the series Living the Tenets. I will finish and publish Pursuing Peace.  The goal is to have it finished by May and published by October. Once I hand the novel to my first reader and find a new editor, I will start a new series with my character, Kirzantra.  I am so excited for this project.

Another project I have been working towards is rewriting my sales copy for all my short stories and novels.  This will include new covers for the novels since the layouts are all wrong for the new printing platform. I also want to publish some new short stories.  I have five on my list at the moment. I hope to have more after taking a short story class.

Finally, I want to get a website up and running.  This project has been on the back burner for far to long.  I am not sure how well I will do, but something has to happen!  I am planning another trip to Vegas for the Master Business Class.  I will also do one weekend retreat somewhere in Montana. I wanted to do this last year but failed. 





House Goals

In my home life, I want my house to be de-cluttered.  I feel like the doors and windows are going to explode outward with all the stuff piling up.  No, I am far from a hoarder, but I don’t like all the unorganized areas in my life. I also am tired of stuff I never use taking up space.  I started the project of de-cluttering last month. The living room is getting better. One more run through the entertainment center should have this room finished.  This summer I will have to work in the garage. Shudder!!!





Hobby Goals

For the last few years, I have worked at learning about people from the past.  This year, I will be working with Charles Dickens. I want to read a biography or two plus two novels.  My saint for the year will be a return to Saint Francis de Sales. I have missed him and want to reread his writings.  In the area of photography, I am not going to focus on anything. My goal is just to have fun capturing beauty. With my gardening, my biggest goal is to get all the messy areas in control.  I want a riding lawnmower!!! As I have stated, I don’t plan much for travel this year. If Madelle continues to do well, her and I are going to Maui. I promised her this trip years ago. I also want to hike a little more if my health continues to do well.  Again, more fingers crossed. Beware, Kim and Clay, I want to explore more of the areas around your counties.

As always, I am excited for the prospects of the new year.  I plan to be creative in painting and resting. I want to spend a lot more time outside, when the temps are above zero!!!  My patio needs to be used a bunch as does the new back deck I hope we get built. So many dreams and plans. Life is so beautiful.  I will suck the marrow of life every day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...