Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 66: No Snow


You look outside.  Ah, it is snowing! But look closer.  Those are not snowflakes falling from the sky!  What is it snowing at your house?



Powder sugar falls from the heights, onto the dark brow disks of gingerbread cookies.  Red sprinkles fall onto the golden round disks of sugar cookies. The smells of vanilla, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg float throughout the house on the waves of Christmas music playing on the record player.  Family members wander though the kitchen, plucking up a cookie, hoping not to get caught. The baker sees, but pretends she doesn’t. A smile spreads across her face.

Or

Flour falls down onto the cloth wrapper board as I roll out another round of lefse.  The smell of cooking potatoes and flour on the griddle floats throughout the house on waves of Christmas music playing on the record player.  A knife slathers butter on a warm slice of the Norwegian food group with sugar falling from the sky. The flatbread melts in my mouth as I test if the item is fit for human consumption.  Umm, how I love the Christmas season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...