Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day 57: Failure and Success is Irrelevent


What do you love doing so much that the words failure and success essentially become irrelevant?  Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic, pg. 259, Kindle version.



 I have to say, this writing gig is a love/hate relationship.  This morning I read the above question and thought well, duh. Writing is my life.  I live and breath to create words on paper to paint pictures and tell stories. Failure and success matter not.

Fast forward to two hours later, I have been struggling to try to make an image on my computer of a falcon with a transparent background in GIMP.  Epic failure!!! I want the image for part of my branding of my writing business.  My motto is take flight with a falcon flying through the air.  Ya, I can’t get the software to work for me.  Image, me thinking I can go into a program I have never used to create a “masterpiece.”  Nope. It isn’t going to happen.  Granted, an image for a brand isn't writing.  However, a brand will help me sale my novels which will make me a success.  If I don't have the brand, I may continue to not sale books which is a failure.

Now, hours later after a ton of other obligations, I haven’t been at my computer.  I haven’t written my blog or my morning pages, let alone worked on any fiction words.  Uff da!!!  So, is failure and success irrelevant after a very unsuccessful day?  Of course! I have been running all over and missing playing with the words.  Now I sit at my computer.  I have about no real time because I have company coming over and I want a little of the house cleaned. But where am I? In the computer room hoping to play with words, even if only for a minutes.

So, I am going to steal a few more minutes so I can write in my journal.  The words have to come.  They help my soul fly.  Oh, so here is my brand, though it doesn't look professional yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...