Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 64: Lessons

What do you think is the most important thing for today’s kids to learn in school?

Well, technically, I think they need to learn the lessons at home and have them reinforced by the school.  Unfortunately, the parents need to learn the same thing or be re-taught. The lesson...just because we have the freedom of speech doesn’t mean we need to say everything that comes into our minds.  The other day a friend of mine told me her niece's friends told her she had fat legs. Keep that stuff to yourself!!! Now this beautiful young woman won’t wear shorts because she believes she has “fat legs.”  She isn't larger then a size 5 for goodness sakes!
I have been told I give terrible gifts or that a person doesn’t like the gift I have given them.  Now, this comes from two different generations in my life and not the snarky teen that lives in my house.  Seriously people? What happened to the days of simply saying thank you and being thankful someone cared enough to give the gift in the first place.  People need to use their words in kindness, not just any words because they can. Have a little decorum!!!
As Thumper said in the movie Bambi, "if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothin at all."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...