Monday, December 3, 2018

Day 49: Morning Routine


What is the first thing you do when you wake up every morning?  Why?



Well, make coffee of course!  I used to have a magic coffee pot that I could set the timer for 5:00am.  My new pot turns off in two hours, and I can’t keep the heating element on after it switches off without making more coffee, so I don’t use this option anymore.  Thus, I have to stumble to the kitchen and get my wake up juice ready. While it perks, I get ready for the day or go into my writing room to warm up the computer.  With coffee in hand, I write my morning pages, and I am off to the races.

Why do I do these two things first?  Well, I think the coffee is self explainable.  The caffeine helps jump start my everything.  I work my morning pages, journal, right away to set myself up in the frame of mind to write.  If I skip the pages, I tend to get distracted and fail to even get this done throughout the day.  The routine is set with the pages so when Jerry wakes and interrupts, along with all the other interruptions in the day, I am able to go back to the other pages more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...