Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 67: Menopause


Menopause, oh how I have come to hate this word.  My hot flashes began about ten months ago.  They didn't hit all that hard.  In fact, after a couple of months, they left.  I thought, outstanding.  I would take an easy transition in life.  Nope, they hit with a vengeance in the summer.  A friend suggested Estroven.  Great, more pills.  I cringed, but I began taking them.  All was well.

The hot flashes have come back, but they are only bad once a week or so.  Nothing too horrid.  With it being winter, I can always step outside.  The mood swings hit about a month ago.  I started taking Vitamin D and went to a couple therapy sessions.  All is well with this area too.  Four months ago, another symptom hit.

Allergies!  Really?  As if hot flashes and mood swings weren't enough, we have to tack on allergies.  My poor nose hurts.  I so can relate to my husband and son.  How do they put up with this every spring and summer?  This is torture.  Yesterday, I took an allergy pill.  It wiped me out for the entire day.  Are you kidding?

I refuse to go into any more symptoms of menopause.  One website claims there are 34 symptoms.  Ugh.  I know if I make it through this, anything is possible in my life.  Uff da!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...