Saturday, December 1, 2018

Day 47: Oh to Move

City Gate of York, England



Have you ever lived in another country besides your country of birth?  Would you want to?



Reading this first question caused me to chuckle.  I haven’t even lived outside of the state of Montana.  Sure, I went to BASIC training for eight weeks in New Jersey.  I spent eleven weeks in Texas going to medical school for the Army National Guard.  For a month, I learned about military finance in California. Other then these short stints, I have never lived outside of the Big Sky state.

I would love to live somewhere else.  Now, don’t misunderstand, I love my home state with a passion.  I have driven to Libby, Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings so many times I think I could go on autopilot.  I may have gone on autopilot, opps. But for all the thousands of miles I have traveled the state, I never get tired of the beauty.  I love it here.

My Nixon family were homesteaders.  They were one of the first to come to the Colonies back in the day.  They went from Massachusetts to Virginia. I believe they were their when it became West Virginia.  After the Civil War, they headed west to eventually in 1922 land in Libby. I believe with the four generations, it is the longest they have stayed in one place while in the states.  I have that exploring drive, so I would love to live in other places. I long to move down South and stay for a year or two. I dream of living in York, England for a time.

Of course, my roots are deep here in Montana.  With my kids still in the state, I don’t know that I will leave for longer then a month long vacation.  And that is okay. But, when Madelle graduates, if we get a chance to change it up in another state or country, I will be all for the new adventure.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...