Thursday, November 29, 2018

Day 45: Technology


What modern technological device takes up most of your time?



I have a kindle, cell phone, laptop, and computer.  I honestly am not sure which takes up most of my time.  The laptop is for traveling and going to the coffee shop and occasionally I use it at home to take a break from my computer.  I think my time is divided pretty much between the cell phone, kindle and computer. I spend a good two to four hours on my computer. I work on my writing, publishing, editing, research, and learning here.  With my phone, I do play a few games, look up random things, use audible, Spotify, and my kindle app.  Oh, and I Marco Polo with my sister.  The kindle is pretty much for reading novels.  I read everyday.  My weekly goal is an addition five hours which doesn't count my before bed reading.

At my Bible Study last night, we talked about addictions.  People are addicted to their technology.  I know I walk a fine line with my own devices.  I fall off the line on the side of slight addition.  However, I love to unplug.  When I travel with family, sure I have the kindle (this one is kind of hard to count because I think reading is always acceptable and never an addiction), I usually only touch the laptop when everyone is still sleeping in the morning or getting ready.  My phone could probably stand to be left in my pocket a little more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...