Saturday, November 17, 2018

Day 33: A Small Family


For the first nine years of my life, I was an only child.  I have to say that I hated being the only. Life was very lonely.  I had no one to play with during the long days. My mother didn’t let me play with the neighborhood kids very often.  I delighted in going out to Glen Lake to be with the older Butts kids. I loved all the activity of the five children.  I was three years younger then their youngest, so that could be difficult at times. I also loved when my dad did things with Big Dale.  His son and I went on all sorts of adventures.

When my baby sister arrived, my plight didn’t change.  Well, I became busier changing her diapers and watching her.  This wasn’t the answer to my loneliness. My daydream for more siblings continued.  I would love to have a few more siblings between my sister and I. The plus side is that I learned to tell stories in my head to keep me occupied.  I also learned the love of reading. Still, I would love to have the holidays filled with tons of siblings, their spouses, and lots of nieces and nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...