Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Day 22: Campaign Ads and Cold Air



Today I debated the topic for my post.  I just started a class this morning, but I would like to get a little further in my assignment before I talk about this topic.  I played around with the idea of election day, but everyone will be writing about this.  The weather is turning cold which could be another topic.  Oh, the choices.  I opened my blog and the opening sentence made me smile from yesterday.  I talked about the best part of fall.  Well, I am here to tell you about the worst part of fall.

Campaign advertisements and cold air, I hate both!!!

Now, I will say that I love to vote.  This hasn't always been the case.  In my younger years, I was so busy running kids, working, and life stuff, that I resented one more thing to accomplish in the day.  Since I have retired and work from home, I love to go to the Fair Grounds.  The energy is uplifting and I usually see people I know.  It is like a party on a Tuesday!  This year was a bit of a disappointment.  I didn't see a soul who I know.  Oh well.

However, I hate, hate, hate the advertisements.  I feel like I need to take a shower at night just to get all the sliminess off of me.  Here in Montana, Jon Tester says how wonderful he is and disparages Rosendale.  Flip the coin, Matt Rosendale does the same blasted thing.  By the time November hits, I hate both of them. 

Next, we have cold air.  As I rushed home after saying good-bye to my walking partner, my legs were frozen.  The wind was whipping snow in my face.  The beagle wanted to sniff everything and I was growling at him to hurry up.  The transition from warm weather to cold weather kills me.  My joints and muscles ache.  And I can't do anything to keep myself warm.  Believe it or not, I look forward to -10 degrees with a wind chill factor.  Then on the days when it warms up to zero, I feel nice and toasty warm.  I think I need to go dig out the long johns!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...