Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Day 37: Commons 1882


This past weekend we traveled to Billings.  The memories are plentiful. Jerry was telling Madelle a story that I have long forgotten.  When we first married, we were extremely poor. We would write a check one day and have to take a paycheck into the bank the next day to not bounce the original check.  Jerry did most of the banking because I was just too stressed.

Next to the bank was an old Victorian style house that had been turned into a restaurant.  He would smell all the delicious aromas. We were living off of Roman noodle and popcorn. If we were feeling a little rich, we would have tuna fish sandwiches.  He swore that someday he would go back and eat there. He told her the story while we ate dinner at the Wild Ginger. No, he hasn’t been to the other restaurant, but he knows he can. 

The next morning, we looked over the city while eating breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant on the 20th floor.  The house by our old bank is still standing. I just looked it up on the internet and it is now called Commons 1882.  I am thinking this next summer we should take a road trip and finally have that fancy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...