Monday, November 5, 2018

Day 21: Football and Military



The best part of fall for me is football.  I love the lazy days of Sundays when I can turn on a game.  Better yet, I enjoy going somewhere to watch with my husband and military friends.  Yesterday, we were joined later in the day when drill released for the weekend by a dear friend and his buddy.

I love being around military guys.  We laugh and enjoy being together.  We reminisce over the old days, telling stories.  We discuss the politics of being veterans of either twenty years of service and/or of foreign wars.  And we talk football.  There is something comfortable about being around these people, my people.  I miss them now that I am retired.  I am glad Jerry is still in and we are still connected.  I am also thankful that the guys he went to Iraq with have graciously included me in their activities.  They recognize the struggles I went through at home, though very different from their struggles.  I don’t want to lose that.  In fact, it is one of the reasons I don’t want to leave Helena.  I love the military community we have built.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...