Monday, November 26, 2018

Day 42: Logic


Have you ever experienced something that just could not be logically explained?


Many people work hard at logically explaining faith filled moments to be a coincidence or a person’s imagination.  Maybe they are right. I have a pretty vivid imagination, but I choose to think of these beautiful events as Holy Moments.  I have talked about this topic before when I read about Holy Moments when reading a book by Matthew Kelly. He talked about the little moments.  Today, I will talk about a big moment.

While my husband served in Iraq, life was rough.  I spent a lot of hours on the treadmill getting rid of my anger from the deplorable attitude of a few people.  One day, the treadmill didn’t help. My soul hurt. I left work at the regular hour. Once I got into my pickup, I cried. And cried. I remember driving up Head Lane. 

“I am so mad at You,” I said through the tears to Jesus.

No, there was no bombing voice from above.  In fact, there was nothing.

“You have gotten me into this.  I want You here right now.”

The cab of my pickup grew comfortably warm.  A warmth like a loved one holding you during a crisis.  The presence in my vehicle was so real that I turned to the passenger seat with the belief Jesus would be there in body.  He wasn’t. But no logic in the world will convince me that He wasn’t there in spirit. I reached my hand out. I didn’t feel a grasp, but I was comforted.

I have felt the Holy Spirit before, in fact a lot.  I know Jesus is with me. This was different. This was the one and only time that I know He was right there.  I can’t explain it beyond that.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa; I have had a similar experience. When Keifer was diagnosed with autism, I was so exhausted and overwhelmed. I knew the diagnosis was coming, but it still made my heart ache. I was in bed, crying and praying to God to help me come to terms with our situation, when I had the most incredible feeling of being fully cradled in the palm of a large hand that engulfed my entire body. I don't always know that Jesus is with me, but I definitely felt His presence in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...