Friday, November 23, 2018

Day 39: Born to Shine


Were you born to shine in one special way?  What makes you really stand out?



In a world that loves to knock us down and promotes perfect, a person can struggle with seeing themselves shine in a special way.  As an average person, we aren't taught to see the beauty within us.

Ninety percent of the time I feel there is nothing shiny about me.  I mean, I am a normal, average person. I have never received straight A’s.  Popularity never followed me. Sports, I never excelled at any sports though I did enjoy participating.  In college, I failed some classes because of working. With the military, I was never a great soldier. I did my job.  I will say that I was one of the better finance NCOs in Montana. I am a writer. In the past four years, I have written and published four novels.  Monetarily, I am not doing well with this endeavor.  As a Mom, I always done my best, but I made mistakes.  I have driven my husband nuts, but luckily he knows that is part of marriage.  I haven’t been the best daughter or sister. I have always done what I felt was right with all the knowledge I had at the time.

Now ten percent of the time, when the stars a line and I feel the top of my game, I do feel shiny.  When my daughter says she loves me or I get a call from one of my sons just to say "Hi," I am reminded I am a good Mom.  Long conversations with my husband and fun trips with him, reminds me that I am a pretty good wife. When I read one of my well written scenes, I know I have a chance to break out in writing.  And when I am close to God and give him all my worries and suffering, I know I am shining his love through me. I was born to shine His light. When I am completely open to the light, I know I stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...