Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 43: Lifetime Achievement Award


It is the end of your life and you are up on stage being presented with a major award.  What award is it, and what have you won it for? 



I walk up the stairs, holding on to the railing.  No, I won't have to hold onto the railing.  I will be cured of everything for I will be in Heaven.  My family and friends are sitting in the audience.  My mentors stand in a line to shake my hand or give me hugs as I walk to the center of the stage.  My dad will be standing there to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He hands me a bronze statue of a falcon.  Or maybe, he will hand me the cross I have been carrying all my life on Earth.

“It’ll do,” he says with pride.

The award?  It will be called the Lisa Madelle Nixon Richard Norwegian Redneck Author award.  I will have won the award for being the best version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...