Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Day 30: The Wind


Some of these writing prompts make me shake my head.  I think a druid wrote this idea down.  “You are the wind’s interpreter.  What is it saying?”

My first instinct is to say that it is pissed off.  In Wolf Point, the wind was terrible. The temperature goes down a good 20 to 30 degrees and it howls as if in pain.  I don’t think Helena has winds as bad, but just the same, I don’t like the wind here either.

In Helena, we get some strong gusts in the spring and fall that work at tearing tiles off the roofs in the valley.  One spring, it tore a third of my chokecherry tree down in a microburst that hit the neighbors yard with more destruction.  It actually tore a big tree up by its roots. We can have a day or two of solid wind when I think the wind wants me to drive me insane.  Of course, in the winter, the wind likes to be spiteful and stay away leaving an inversion in the valley that lasts for weeks. I pray for the dreaded wind then to release us from our dreary prison and let us see the sun again. 

So, I guess I would say that the wind loves to make peoples’ lives miserable and has nothing nice to say at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...