Friday, November 2, 2018

Day Eighteen: Realistic Goals





What are the realistic goals you have set for your lifetime?  I have an issue with this question.  I don’t want to be realistic.  If I am “realistic”, I believe I am limiting myself.  I expect the moon.  I am reaching for the stars.  Realistic can enter my life the day I pass away.  Even then, my goal is to be in heaven.  So, here are my dream goals that I will work towards the rest of my lifetime.




75th Anniversary:  I know many people have the goal of 50 years when they marry.  Unfortunately, life derails for many couples.  Jerry and I are at 29 years.  We are getting closer.




Write 100 novels / short stories published:  I have nine published so far.  I need to get busy!!!




Travel:  When I told our first financial adviser that I wanted to travel to Europe once a year, he gave me a look of disbelief.  I am not sure if he thought the goal was unattainable or just isn’t a traveler and thought it stupid.  From that point, I didn’t like him.  Our next and current adviser listened to my goal.  He smiled and said he thought that was a wonderful goal and he wants to come with me.  Yep, he is my kind of guy.  

I have a number of goals with travel.  I want to visit every state in the United States.   Now, I can’t just fly into an airport and count the state.  So, Michigan hasn’t been counter.  Nor Pennsylvania where I flew into and was taken from Philadelphia to Fort Dix, New Jersey in a bus.  I am also not counting Alabama though I walked across the bridge to buy a soda in the state.  I will count the other 28 states I have visited. 

I also want to travel to all our destinations on our lists.  My list is Norway, Italy, Ireland, and Trinidad. I also want to go all over Europe, multiple times and places in Canada.  Jerry has Italy, China, Israel, the Philippians, and Egypt on his list.  (Some of these places we goth want.) We are also game for other destinations. I don’t know if we will have time or money to see all these places, but we will definitely do a bunch of them.



Sports: When I retired, my goal was to see a football game in every stadium.  Once Madelle graduates, we will start working on this.  I also want to see more professional baseball games, go to some basketball and hockey games.  Oh, and I think it would be a hoot to go to some college and high school football games down South.  Those guys love their football.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...