Sunday, November 18, 2018

Day 34: Childrens' Book



If I were a children's book writer, this might be the start of a new book.

The sun sparkled off the tin roofs of the three shacks standing in a row at the bottom of the hill.  Lisa chased after the two boys, trying to be careful not to trip and fall down the path. In frustration, the distance between them grew.  She ran slow, even though she was older by a year then the smaller boy.

Actually, this is a terrible start to a children’s book.  The reading level is too high. I would have to do a little studying to work on better sentence structure for a children’s book.  I am not versed in this art form. I have always thought it would be fun to write a series of books like the Little House on the Prairie books.  Someday, the children of tomorrow would like to know about how life was for the children of the late 70’s. The sentences above come from any number of days that I spent out at the Omoksee grounds.  I have very fond memories of that time. Maybe someday, I will write down the stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...