Thursday, November 8, 2018

Day 24: Nervous Nellie, Lost



I am a nervous Nellie when I travel on my own to places I am not familiar with.  Now, I can travel all over Montana with no problems. Really, traveling in my car anywhere is a breeze.  I do skip the big cities though. But put me on a plane, and my stomach rolls.

Going to Vegas this last month was the first time I flew on my own in nine years.  I didn’t do well with the Vegas airport. I talked about how I went to the wrong terminal to get my luggage.  But, I didn’t imagine I would struggle finding my flight to get home.

I arrived at the airport about five hours early.  I had chosen a later flight to be able to go to the last class that morning.  I had my laptop and kindle ready to do a bunch of work while I waited. The Uber dropped me off.  I chatted with the nice lady at the counter to drop off my luggage. She directed me to security. I knew once I got through security my butterflies would fly away.  Security was quick and painless. I felt good.

I found where my flight was supposed to be in terminal C.  I wondered around and found the gate. I double checked the board.  Southwest. Are you kidding? I was flying Delta. How did I mess it up again?  The butterflies were back. I walked all the way back to A. Nothing. I saw no signs for Delta or terminal D.  I had to ask for directions. Back to C. Uff da! The stupid sign was off to the right behind a restaurant. Ridiculous. 

I found where I need to be with plenty of time.  I still can’t believe I got lost twice in one week in the same airport.  It has taught me a lesson. I need to travel more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work

           First, I wanted to chat a little bit about my last post with Saint Joan of Arc’s quote before going on to the next quote.  I have...